Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Little Taste of Home

After going to the Sherlock Holmes Museum (see previous post), Miss Bowser and I spent the afternoon in Hyde Park. We sat on the grass and I taught Jenn how to knit (she's a natural). Once the lesson was done we went for a wander around the park.

In front of the Albert Memorial (which is a shiny, gold momument that embodies Victorian design) we found a game of ball hockey. We sat on the steps and watched. One of the players had a Habs jersey on. Jenn took photos of them. I took photos of the nets.



Take another look at that photo. Notice the proportion of the net to the leg of the goalie (who had no blocker and a regular stick, which means you're not really goalie in my opinion, but that's beside the point).



Tiny hockey nets! So very cute and I imagine very difficult to score on. So it was a taste of home- sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment