Friday, October 14, 2011

Adventures in the Maritimes

So I have a contract for the rest of the year for a paid museum job in Halifax. I am so happy because I get to go on another adventure (a little closer to home than last time) and because someone is paying me for textile conservation work. More details on my job in a later post, but for now let me introduce you to the area near me.

I am renting a room on the top floor of this house.



See Aunt Brenda- I remembered to take a picture this time! I got in trouble with my Aunt because I didn't take a photo of the place I stayed in England. So that's covered.

My place is across the road from Chocolate Lake. And no, there isn't any chocolate in it; it's actually quite pretty and currently home to ducks.





Down the street is one of the worst inventions ever created by civilization- a roundabout! There are a few of them in Halifax and readers of this blog will recall how much I didn't like them in England. Althought this one is bigger and has two wide lanes, unlike the recent roundabout put in next to City Hall in Mississauga.



So getting from my street to the road that takes me to the grocery store (at the opposite end) takes a little while. But if one wants to stop and admire the view, this is what is located on the southeast end of the roundabout.



This would be the end of the Northwest Arm. Pretty, but it was a chilly day for sailing.

And don't think that I won't be getting any exercise in Halifax because the road I walk up from the roundabout to get to my place looks like this.



Rather steep and a bit rocky... should be fun in winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment