Monday, July 8, 2013

Eccentric Vehicles


I have encountered a number of eccentric little vehicles today in Amsterdam. The streets here are very small, particularly the side streets, so it makes sense that I would be small vehicles.  There are the tiny cars...

 
There are tiny electric garbage trucks...

 
And then there are some vehicles that are just eccentric and not just because of their size. I saw this little truck through the ripple-glass window of the restaurant I was in and fortunately it was still there after I left so I could take a photo of it...

 
That`s a different version of a food truck- much better then back home, where a hot dog stand has to be packed up and towed at the end of the day.

I also saw, but did not manage to get a photo of, a quad ATV bike that one would normally associate with back roads and rough terrain, on the city streets. Speaking of bikes, the weirdest thing I saw today (twice) was this motorcycle...

 
That`s the back end of it. It has a flatbed extension on the front of it. Not sure how well it handles but it sure looks interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment